Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Creating a Person

I've created quite a few people before. As an amateur adventure writer, I've fleshed out my fair share of characters, with everything from personality to goals to conversational quirks.
That being said, none of that prepared me for creating a user persona. I started out the process thinking that I was just going to be creating another character; albeit a character that exist in the real world and was interested in mobile apps. I figured I could give her a short backstory, a little moral conflict between her family and her dreams. Maybe she could have a job she didn't like, but it helped her support her busy family.
When I create a character, I'm creating from scratch. The only limits are the needs of the adventure, and even those I can modify to fit a more interesting character.

I can shape the character to my needs, and usually that means making the character as unique as possible.

UNDER HUGE REWRITE!!!!!! check back tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment