Friday, March 7, 2014

Building the Site

I'm going to cut right to the wireframes, since my post here covered a good portion of the conceptual side of this. I have three directions I'm working with: fat sidebar, perspective menu, and drawn animation.
Each of them has their own pros and cons. The one I'm most concerned with is the perspective menu, which is also one of my favorite effects. The whiteboard wanderer icon is the link that pulls up the menu, but I don't want to have to hook him up with a neon light halo to convey that. A mouse-over animation might be able to get the job done, but I'm not sure. I'm going to go ahead and develop it, and we'll see where it goes with some user testing.

I also made some basic mockups of each:
fat sidebar - gallery
perspective menu

No comments:

Post a Comment